Development OfficerCompany: Water4
Date Posted: January 3, 2018
At Water4, we’re passionately equipping people in developing nations to eradicate their water crisis through faith, empowerment, entrepreneurship and technology.
Water4 is currently active in 14 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and South America empowering local entrepreneurs to provide sustainable access to safe and living water. We believe the only truly lasting approach to providing water solutions that meet both the physical and spiritual needs of people living in water poverty is local people solving local problems through locally-owned businesses.
We believe God works through the capacity, strength and greatness of ordinary people to eradicate the water crisis — leaving behind lasting peace and reconciliation in its place, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is just as passionate as we are about seeing a world where complete access to safe and living water is available for all.
The Development Officer will increase, manage and retain the mid-level and major gift portfolio of Water4 including donor relations, cultivation, fundraising, campaign development and stewardship.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fostering and developing long-term relationships with potential financial partners that ultimately generate a sustainable tradition of support for the mission of Water4
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, engaging, soliciting and stewarding relationships that result in committed financial partners
- Managing, maintaining and monitoring relationships with existing financial partners that foster positive and purposeful partner relations that ensure ongoing relationships and funding
- Working closely with the Managing Director and the Director of Development and Marketing to create, develop and manage a Water4 Ambassadors program
- Working with the Donor Records Associate to maintain financial partner records through donor management software including donor correspondence in response to gifts
- Working collaboratively with and in support of board, staff, volunteers, other development associates while participating in all aspects of the gift cycle
- Ensuring Water4 operates with the highest level of integrity and is in compliance with generally accepted fundraising and development standards and guidelines
- Recommending and assisting with programming, marketing and outreach
Bachelor’s degree and three to five years fundraising experience required
- Strong commitment to and belief in the mission of Water4
- Commitment to donor-centered fundraising principles as outlined in the Water4 Philosophy of Development
- Must be a highly energetic, self-starting professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five to six-figure range
- Five to seven years successful experience in fundraising preferably in higher education or humanitarian charitable organizations
- Ability to understand and articulate the needs and interests of both donors and Water4 program staff in order to develop sustainable long-term relationships
- Obsessive compulsive crazy attention to detail
- Must play well with others and be highly collaborative across departments
- Enthusiastic about making the world better for the 2.1 billion people who currently lack access to safe water
- Finds motivation and joy doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Willing to travel up 50% of time
Position Reports To:
Director of Development and Marketing
To Apply for this Job:
Please send cover letter, resume', references and salary requirements to Michael Mitchell at email@example.com
February 28, 2018
We can’t wait to hear how God has been preparing you for a new adventure as part of our team.