Executive DirectorCompany: Mary Abbott Children's House
Date Posted: March 6, 2017
Are you an advocate?
Do you believe in protecting the wellbeing of children?
Do you want to prevent child abuse and neglect of our community's children?
Do you provide guidance and leadership to others?
We are looking for you!
Mary Abbott Children's House is seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director is a full time position and candidates must have a passion for raising community awareness of child abuse prevention and response. Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in a related field, a minimum of two-years management and leadership experience (non-profit preferred), fundraising experience with private, corporate and public donors, and ability to build successful collaborative and community relationships. Strong oral and written communication skills are a must. Preferred attributes include extensive program and staff management experience, as well as financial management experience. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and the will to engage people of all backgrounds in the work of the organization. In this role you will be:
- Representing Abbott House at the local and state level and building and strengthening professional and community partnerships.
- Working with Children's Advocacy Centers of Oklahoma to develop and present a unified voice for children's advocacy in the State of Oklahoma.
- Partnering with local agencies in the multidisciplinary team to provide a continuum of care for the clients of Abbott House and their families.
- Serving as the Abbott House chief liaison to the National Children's Alliance, the National Children's Advocacy Center, and any other national agency concerning child abuse prevention and response.
- Supervising all staff members in HR matters, developing and maintaining job descriptions for all staff positions, daily oversight, hiring, training and the constant development of staff, conducting staff meetings, and periodic and annual review
- Overseeing the public face of Abbott House.
- Developing the online media strategy, printed materials, and traditional media presence (newspapers, magazines, and television appearances) of the agency with the Director of Community Engagement.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Directing the efforts of Abbott House staff members in educational presentations and other community awareness events (such as formal and informal presentations, participation in public discussions, and deliberation on child abuse matters).
- Working with the board to identify and develop relevant opportunities for community awareness through the Connections Committee and other board spheres of influence.
- Taking an active role in the development of services for abuse victims and their non-offending caregivers and family members.
- Overseeing the programming of Abbott House and working with staff members to develop and grow current programs in the service of child victims and their families.
- Overseeing the short term and long term operations, duties, and responsibilities of the multidisciplinary team.
- Working with the Abbott House board of directors to shape and execute the agency's mission and vision in the community.
- Serving as the primary staff liaison to the Abbott House board and assisting it in developing the mission, vision, and major program direction of the agency.
- Working with the Abbott House board to develop a strategic plan for the agency and continually refer to that plan as a source of direction for agency activities.
- Serving as the primary staff liaison to all committees and empowering committee work to serve its vital function.
- Report any conflicts of interest pertaining to a staff member or the executive director to the Board of Directors in a timely manner.
The Executive Director serves as the principal fundraising professional for Abbott House and coordinating fundraising efforts with the Director of Community Engagement. You would be responsible for:
- Maintaining relationships with key funders and drafting annual grant applications and compliance documents.
- Overseeing the efforts of the Director of Community Engagement as they relate to individual donor contributions, new grant identification, and ongoing grant compliance.
- Partnering with the Director of Community Engagement to coordinate the Basketball Coaches Lunch, the April Letter direct appeal, and Child Abuse Prevention Month activities.
- Overseeing endowment and planned giving efforts of the agency and partnering with the Director of Community Engagement for logistical support.
The Executive Director would assist in developing the annual budget and managing the day to day financial operations of Abbott House. In conjunction with the financial consultant and the Abbott House board, the executive director's duties will include:
- Develop the annual budget.
- Managing the operational cash flow of the agency and, in conjunction with the Board Treasurer and the Financial Consultant, maintaining separation of duties and other internal financial controls.
Mary Abbott Children's House seeks applicants from candidates representing diverse backgrounds and experiences. Compensation will be commensurate based on experience within the range of $60,000 to $75,000. Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.