Director of DevelopmentCompany: CASA of Oklahoma County
Date Posted: November 30, 2017
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Creation and implementation of annual development plans;
- Cultivation and stewardship of individual, foundation, and corporate donors;
- Manage the implementation of donor database software systems and develop gift receipting protocols ensuring timely acknowledgements to donors;
- Oversee the planning and execution of special events;
- Develop and track proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising;
- Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement, and stewardship of donors;
- Research innovative fund development strategies to grow and strengthen organizational fundraising.
1. Additional duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
a. Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field required, with a Master’s degree
2. Minimum experience
a. Five or more years of individual major gift fundraising required.
b. Three or more years of special event management preferred.
c. Prior volunteer experience required.
d. Demonstrated integrity, honesty and ethical conduct.
e. Demonstrated passion for CASA’s mission.
f. Clear criminal background is required.
3. Critical areas of qualifications include the following
a. Ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors
b. Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and alter strategic development plans.
c. Proven track record of fundraising success securing gifts of $100,000 and above.
d. Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates preferred.
e. Proven leadership ability
f. Excellent attention to detail
g. Excellent oral and written communication skills
h. Persistent and diplomatic
i. Self-starter with minimal guidance required
j. Highly organized
k. Ability to coach and empower a diversity of individuals
l. Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Jennie Hill, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday December 14, 2017.
No phone calls please. CASA of Oklahoma County is an equal opportunity employer. For more
information about CASA of Oklahoma County, please visit www.okcountycasa.org