Membership Manager and Development AssociateCompany: Myriad Gardens Foundation
Date Posted: October 2, 2017
The Myriad Gardens Foundation supports the Myriad Botanical Gardens, a 15-acre green oasis in the heart of Oklahoma City which annually hosts more than a million visitors. The Gardens seek to enhance the quality of life and vibrancy of downtown Oklahoma City by creating and sustaining a world-class, award-winning public garden by offering quality horticultural, cultural and recreational programs and events for all.
The Membership Manager and Development Associate is a member of the Development Team and reports to the Director of Development. This position is responsible for all aspects of a highly successful membership program including: developing acquisition strategies, planning for growth in membership renewal, retention and upgrade, creating membership/donor appreciation events and managing the membership component at festivals and other Garden events and programs.
This position works with the Director of Development and Development Operations Coordinator to plan membership and fundraising events to reach annual fundraising goals.
- Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate and individual members
- Responsible for all membership data, tracking and reporting, including but not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining membership records
- Managing recruitment and retention tracking and reports
- Collecting and analyzing current, new and potential member information
- Responsible for managing the membership aspects of the Myriad Gardens Foundation database, Altru
- Monitors, reports and interprets membership sales and attendance on a regular basis and communicates to appropriate staff; takes necessary steps when sales/attendance projections decrease/increase unexpectedly
- Attains at least a 75 percent membership renewal rate annually
- Meets annual membership goals, including a financial goal associated with the membership program
- Identify and manage membership benefits at each level ensuring that all new and renewing members receive membership welcome packets, membership cards, renewal notices, and general communication about the Gardens
- In coordination with internal teams, manages the membership component at festivals and other special events; proactively addresses customer service and logistical issues
- Creates content and oversees the development of all membership collateral including: membership brochure, membership cards and other marketing materials and communication tools; writes weekly membership for e-news
- Works closely with Director of Development, Marketing and Communications Director, Volunteer Coordinator, and Director of Festivals and Events to develop a Membership work-plan that includes: scope of work, communication/marketing plan, timeline and specific goals to gain new members at all levels
- Expected to stay current on trends regarding growing, retaining and sustaining membership programs
- Trains visitor services to sell membership program to visitors and assist with members’ needs
Special Events and Corporate Benefits
- Responsible for implementing membership events for the purpose of stewardship
- Works with the Director of Development to ensure corporate sponsorship benefits are delivered
- Supports the Director of Development with special event management including assisting with timelines, logistics, and coordination with facility and special events staff for the production of membership and fundraising events
Working Conditions, Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Performs his/her functions at the Myriad Gardens Foundation office and Myriad Botanical Gardens.
- On occasion, requires weekend and evening hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of three years development experience with a strong project management background and track record of planning and implementing successful membership and fundraising programs
- Blackbaud/Altru experience and proficiency desired, or the ability to learn membership and fundraising database functionality
- Experience with successful special event planning and execution
- Strives for excellence with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work with people of all backgrounds and ages
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and results driven
- Good time-management skills with the ability to focus on a multitude of projects
- Behaves ethically and with personal integrity in regard to sensitive financial data
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Technology savvy with mastery of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Nonprofit experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree required
The employee will work in an office environment. Some locations visited during the course of executing job duties may not be wheelchair accessible; some time may be spent outside for some parts of the job especially outdoor receptions or fundraising gala.
Requires some lifting, transporting items from the office to the Gardens and special event set up.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits included.
Please forward a cover letter, resume with three references and a writing sample to: email@example.com. More information on the Gardens can be found on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or our website at myriadgardens.org.