Communications and Programs CoordinatorCompany: Putnam City Schools Foundation
Date Posted: July 24, 2017
PUTNAM CITY SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
POSITION: Communications and Programs Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications
Experience working in nonprofits and/or public education
Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time appropriately
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES: foundation president
SUMMARY: The Communications and Programs Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and implementation of all programs and events sponsored by The Foundation, as well as the daily communications tasks related to marketing and stewardship. Professional work will include general clerical work, as well as some QuickBooks duties.
- Welcome and assist all guests and callers in their needs.
- Manage communications tools: website, social media platforms, print materials, press releases, newsletters, general correspondence, and others as assigned.
- Manage programs: scholarships, grants, Teacher of the Year, Golden Apple, and others as assigned.
- Keep detailed records for special events, financial information, and donor management.
- Handle daily bookkeeping and work with accountant and auditor.
- Provide administrative support to president and for office.
- Support all event-related efforts and meetings (Major events include golf tournament, Wall of Fame celebration dinner and Indoor Recess trivia and game night.)
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the PCSF policies and ethical standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the foundation president.
HARD SKILLS: Excel, QuickBooks, Greater Giving-donor management, Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress.
SCHEDULE: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. School holidays off, except summer. Some weekend and evening activities.
BENEFITS: two weeks’ vacation. 401K and various insurances available
SALARY: contingent on qualifications
Please email cover letter, resume and work examples to Jennifer Seal at firstname.lastname@example.org.