Fundraising and Events Manager-Tulsa or Oklahoma areaCompany: The ALS Association
Date Posted: July 7, 2017
Bring your passion to join the fight against ALS!
The ALS Association is seeking an energetic, mission driven professional to lead our statewide fundraising efforts in Oklahoma. As Fundraising and Events Manager you will empower a dedicated team of volunteer fundraisers who are providing hope and enhancing the quality of life for individuals and their families affected by ALS. You will experience the gratification of knowing that your work has significant impact on the lives of those we serve.
Reporting to the Director, Chapter Relations, the full-time Fundraising and Events Manager for the state of Oklahoma, will be responsible for generating revenue through the Walk to Defeat ALS® program and third party events, as well as other responsibilities as required or requested.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
REVENUE BUDGET ACCOUNTABILITY and PLANNING
Responsible for managing the revenue/fundraising budget and ensuring budgeted targets are achieved. In addition, responsible for executing the tactics as outlined in the Operational Plan for the Oklahoma Walk to Defeat ALS® Program that will enhance revenue growth for our mission. Perform data analysis on a regular basis and redefine strategies as necessary.
RECRUITMENT and CULTIVATION and STEWARDSHIP
Responsible for cultivating and stewarding relationships with key constituents. Recruit and retain Friends and Family Teams and Corporate Teams for the Walk to Defeat ALS®. Work closely with the Team Captains and participants to develop their personal and team fundraising plans by mentoring, coaching, and encouraging fundraising efforts.
CORPORATE PARTNERSHIP Responsible for building local corporate partnerships, including prospecting, cultivation, developing custom proposals, securing commitments, stewardship and retention.
Recruit, empower, and mobilize volunteers. Lead, direct, and manage fundraising and logistics committees for the Walk to Defeat ALS®.
MARKETING and COMMUNICATIONS
Responsible for executing marketing and communications plans, including social media for participant recruitment and engagement, awareness events as well as media relations.
DATA BASE MANAGEMENT
Work in Convio to develop logistics, communications, and collateral, manage the database, and track financial progress.
AWARENESS & OUTREACH
In collaboration with the Care Services Manager, raise awareness of ALS and the mission of The ALS Association.
CONVEY A PROFESSIONAL AND POSITIVE IMAGE THAT REFLECTS FAVORABLY ON THE ALS ASSOCIATION.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of proven experience executing and meeting fundraising or sales goals, with two to three years’ experience in peer-to-peer fundraising
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing development events, including coordinating with volunteers for desired outcomes
- Outstanding communication skills, articulate and persuasive, with well-honed relationship building skills
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you connect
- A strong work ethic, essential for this demanding environment that continually strives for excellence
- A dynamic, driven and sophisticated professional excited by the opportunity to direct the future of the fundraising efforts and support the organization as a whole
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time and work occasional nights and weekends for Association business and events.
- Strong knowledge of Oklahoma communities and leaders a plus.
This position will be home based and can be located in either Oklahoma City or Tulsa. Travel within the state area will be required as necessary.
Qualified and interested candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to:
The ALS Association endeavors to make www.alsa.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call 202.464.8831 or email email@example.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
The ALS Association is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.