Senior Director of DevelopmentCompany: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of OKC
Date Posted: May 25, 2017
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Senior Director of Development leads and manages Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City’s (CCAOKC) Development and Community/Parish Engagement Department’s support of agency long-term objectives, support to program staff and all related activities. Primary functions include planning and execution of agency fundraising strategies and supporting marketing, public relations, parish engagement, and volunteer coordination activities undertaken by supervised staff. Working closely with the Executive Director and senior staff, the Senior Director of Development ensures that the mission objectives of CCAOKC are funded and understood throughout central and western Oklahoma.
The essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, together with the Executive Director and agency Board of Directors, fundraising performance targets. Work with Executive Director and senior staff to identify funding priorities and integrate development activities into agency’s operations.
- Create long-range and short-term strategic plans for fundraising activities (individual, corporate, foundation, etc.) including a regional engagement focus, to strengthen and diversify agency revenue streams.
- Oversee donor relations.
- Plan and direct execution of the multi-million-dollar Annual Appeal.
- Report and communicate fundraising goals and variance to goals to appropriate audiences at timely intervals.
- Solicit major gifts from corporations, foundations and private donors.
- Plan and oversee special fundraising campaigns, including capital campaigns and endowment campaigns.
- Direct and manage staff responsible collectively for the following:
- Process and complete grant applications in coordination with agency program and finance staff, as well as associated grant reporting requirements after award.
- Oversee all agency events including the Green Tie Gala; Reds, Whites and Brews; Annual Mass and Meeting; campaign social functions; and regional events.
- Evaluate and analyze donor contribution trends and giving patterns.
- Oversee fundraising and event data systems, ensuring accuracy and consistency in accordance with development, finance and regulatory policies.
- Oversee Mission Advancement and Parish Engagement budgets.
- Oversee internal program support activities (Corporate collateral, brochures, social media support, volunteer engagement, etc.) through assigned staff.
- Manage internal support processes to meet and manage program expectations in a dependable, visible manner. Identify support requirements (such as those listed above) that may need to be re-prioritized or outsourced accordingly.
- In coordination with Executive Director and senior staff, serve as the Public Information Officer (PIO) to incoming media requests.
- Oversee outreach to parishes and community partners.
- Oversee volunteer function.
- Provide fundraising, marketing and staff support for A Very Giving Christmas.
- Oversee and create all corporate and marketing collateral, including invitations, campaign materials, brochures, websites and building signage.
Additional tasks include the following:
- Foster an effective Mission Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors through personal and staff support.
- Represent the agency to community events and functions, in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Maintain positive vendor relations with venues, caterers, public relations and marketing firm, print houses and all related businesses.
- Adhere to AFP’s “Donor Bill of Rights.”
- Ensure compliance with United Way fundraising policies, procedures and requests for agency tours and speaking engagements.
- Foster a culture of fundraising across program staff, board members and key volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
This position may supervise the Parish Engagement and Community Engagement departments, as well as the development coordinator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten years of progressive fundraising and supervision experience or equivalent.
- History of soliciting single gifts of $10,000 or more from corporations, foundations and individuals.
- Experience with event management of 400 or more guests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced understanding of the mission, operation, strategic goals and services of CCAOKC.
- Good organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to function autonomously, proactively and under time constraints.
- Excellent English language skills – oral and written.
- Effective public relations/communications ability.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret data and information.
- Effective staff management skills.
- Proficient computer skills. Agency currently uses a variety of software packages, including Raiser’s Edge, Foundation Search, Greater Giving, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress and other productivity suites.
- 10 years progressive fundraising and supervision
- 1 year non-profit development
DESIRED LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: CFRE
This is generally sedentary work that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper supplies).
- May be required to travel by car or plane to business events or other company locations. Travel may require prolonged sitting or standing.
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment.
- May be subject to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations.
To apply please visit www.ccaokc.org/careers