Marketing AssociateCompany: Oklahoma AIDS Care Fund
Date Posted: April 13, 2017
The Marketing Associate will play an important role in the growth of OACF. This role includes a variety of responsibilities including executing a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan, special event promotion, database management, volunteer recruitment and coordination, and advocacy support.
The position interfaces internally with special events staff, fiscal staff, and management including the Executive Director. Externally, it may interface with members of the media; current and potential individual, corporate and foundation donors; elected officials; HIV/AIDS providers and the OACF board.
Working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, this role will be expected to contribute as needed to OACF’s overall growth and development. Although we may consider exceptional candidates without all of the following qualifications, the ideal candidate would have 3+ years experience in a marketing and communications, special events or advocacy role. Writing skills are paramount.
The Oklahoma AIDS Care Fund (OACF) is a fundraising and advocacy organization dedicated to providing financial support and resources to HIV/AIDS service providers in the state of Oklahoma. Our goal is to reduce new infections, stigma, and health disparities while increasing access to care and collaboration services. OACF hosts one of the largest single event fundraisers, Red Tie Night.
Position Reports To
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Some evenings and weekends required
- BA/BS Degree.
- Three years of experience in a professional, preferably non-profit, environment.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills; ability to translate technical information into lay language; experience in developing and organizing proposals for varying audiences.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to help drive projects to completion and multi-task.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, online fundraising, nonprofit advocacy, membership cultivation and volunteer management is a plus.
- Prior experience using Greater Giving special event software and/or e-Tapestry or other Blackbaud fundraising databases a plus.
- Creative and compelling storyteller.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with a diverse team.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume and one writing sample to:
Cher Golding, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is May 1, 2017.