All Access Arts AssistantCompany: Arts Council of Oklahoma City
Date Posted: March 7, 2017
Arts Council Oklahoma City is a non-profit organization that brings award-winning, nationally-recognized arts programming and events to the greater Oklahoma City area, reaching over one million people annually. Our mission: To bring the arts and the community together.
Arts Council’s All Access Arts program was created in the 1990s to provide participatory art programs to those of all ages in the community with little or no access to the arts. All Access Arts partners with OKCPS, the Metropolitan Library System, the City of Oklahoma City and other community organizations to achieve its mission: Access to the arts for all. In addition, the All Access Arts staff oversees selected activity areas for Arts Council events, such as Festival of the Arts and Opening Night.
The All Access Arts Assistant will focus on capacity building through direct service and volunteer management. Responsibilities include:
- Assist All Access Arts Director with general program management. This includes, but is not limited to, communication with teaching artists, site visits, and tracking program data
- Effectively liaison with partner sites, agencies, ACOKC staff, and teaching artists to best serve participants
- Effectively co-manage volunteer committees and front-line volunteers; track and enter volunteer data, utilizing a database
- Do word processing, written and digital communication, assemble collateral materials, procure supplies and keep detailed lists
- Assist with meeting and event planning, set-up, implementation, follow-up, and documentation;
- Attend meetings and events as required, including some outside of regular office hours
- Must be able to pass a rigorous background check
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Desired backgrounds include education, business, or non-profit administration/management. Event planning, program management, and/or similar program experience is desirable.
- Excellent data processing and word processing skills are required. Accuracy in grammar and spelling is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel, is required. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is desirable.
- A high energy level, and the ability to anticipate and avert problems is necessary. A “sense of urgency” is critical.
- Ability to work as a highly efficient, meticulous, responsible member of a team; the proven ability to juggle, prioritize, track and complete a wide variety of tasks under tight deadlines is absolutely critical.
- Willingness and ability to perform physical tasks that are part of event production is required.
- Ability to inspire the trust and confidence of all Arts Council staff, artists and partners; the ability to build effective working relationships within a highly collaborative team framework.
Office hours are 9 am – 5 pm, though the schedule is flexible. Candidate must be able to attend mandatory meetings and events that will take place before or after the scheduled office hours and on a few weekends. Personal, dependable transportation is an absolute necessity.
Salary starts at $10.75 / hour
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org