Development AssistantCompany: Arts Council of Oklahoma City
Date Posted: March 7, 2017
Arts Council Oklahoma City
Development Assistant Job Description
The mission of Arts Council Oklahoma City is to bring the arts and the community together through the effective coordination of events, services and facilities. The culture of the organization is collaborative and our ability to surpass our program and fundraising goals is dependent upon the successful communication and team approach to working with volunteers and fellow staff members.
The Development Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director of Development in all areas of Arts Council Oklahoma City’s fundraising program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Donor and foundation research
- Manage Phone calls
- Volunteer management
- Database maintenance
- Gift entry and acknowledgement
- Updating of website content
- Calendar management
- Other clerical duties
The Development Assistant will also work as a member of the development team by collaborating with the Finance Assistant to complete queries, reports, mail merges and in-kind gift management. Some oversight of Development Intern required.
The Development Assistant will, like all Arts Council employees, assist in the production, implementation and removal of all Arts Council OKC events. Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Integrated organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and detail oriented
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm to advance Arts Council Oklahoma City’s mission and philosophy
- Demonstrated experience in working with volunteers
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Publisher
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Proven ability and drive to meet deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Salary starts at $10.00 per hour with benefits including paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, life, disability, and optional 401K matching plan.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. Job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description may be required.
All applicants interested in applying for this opening should submit their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is March 10, 2017.